Friday, September 25, 2009

Fresh Strings!

I put a new set of Dunlop 9 gauge strings on my guitar -- man do they sound good! Light, clear, ringing tones. I can feel the vibrations in the body of the Yamaha. And they feel great -- smooth, silky. Well, those old strings I imagine were pretty old! Dark, pitted, rusty, and pretty worn out.

Also I went to Guitar Center and bought one of those winder tools you put on the tuning knob to speed up the process. It comes with built in wire cutters. Cool device. I also sat down and played an Epiphone Dot (the Epi version of the Gibson ES 335). It costs 399. Marty recommended it as a great blues guitar. It's made in China but he has his students buy them -- he says the quality is really spot on. BUT, it didn't pass the wife test! She said it made me look like an old man playing it -- she likes the Fender Strat look better! Hey, I don't have a problem with that! I wanted to try out a Strat Highway One but they didn't have one in stock. Maybe next time!

fresh strings!

No comments: