Thursday, September 3, 2009

first lesson

had my first lesson with tom at the college. he plays classical guitar -- he's in his 50s I guess. OK, first lesson is the pentatonic scale and the five hand positions on the fretboard. this week it's positions 1 (on A -- the blues scale I learned already) and 2 (right below that first "box.") Also he's teaching me correct hand positions: thumb in the back center of the neck, hold the pick properly, and use the pinky on the fretboard! that's a little hard using finger #4. Does Heraclitus use it? I guess I gotta get pinky strong and responsive!

Tomorrow I hope to buy the amp: Fender G-DEC junior.

1 comment:

Quixote said...

Indeed he does use his fourth finger.

(Have finally gotten around to try to catch up with your doings here and have arrived to discover an enormous number of entries that I've missed, so I've decided to start over.