Sunday, August 23, 2009

hardshell case

This weekend I bought a hardshell case for the Yamaha. It's a Fender case -- 120 dollars. So if I get a strat again someday I've got the case for it. The local music shop is the Players Bench. A good place with decent prices and nice people there.

In terms of amps, I'm looking at the Fender G-DEC junior. 15 watts with special effects and rhythm loops. You can program it to play a 12 bar blues in the background, with bass and drums, and jam along with it. You choose the key to play in and the tempo, and the volume. Pretty nifty. Also to effects include making the guitar sound like all sorts of guitars, from jazz to 50's fenders to crunchy hard rock and metal guitars and even acoustics. Lots of computer effects these days, way different from when I was playing in the 80s. Also has effects like flange, reverb, etc. All built in. And it's 150 bucks. I will probably get it.

I'm practicing everyday -- it's going well. Love the blues!

No comments: