Wednesday, January 19, 2011

the jazz thing must wait

no time for jazz now. guitar lessons have started, and I've got my blues piano to work on. also, the 3 volume set of books on blues guitar arrived last week. it's the set that my teacher has been xeroxing for my lessons. now i've got the complete set. It gives me a sense of what needs to be done in blues guitar. i'm glad to see that. i like to have the big picture when i'm working on something. so jazz as an interest will be put on hold.

more guitar practice. tom is having me work on switching from minor to major pentatonic in solos. and he's having me read sections of the blues books. also I gotta practice piano. I don't expect to record anything until summer time, or the end of the semester.

i'm getting better at bending string a full step. it's a little tough with the fender -- the strings are really stiff. much easier with the gibson. odd, 'cause the fender should have 9 gauge and the gibson should have 10 gauge strings. they both still have the original strings, and both need new strings.

No comments: