Thursday, December 24, 2009

an afternoon at Guitar Center...

OK, yesterday I spent an hour or so at guitar center, and here are the results:

Gibson Les Paul: don't like the single cutaway body; my epi dot has two cutaways and makes access to bottom (top?) of fretboard easy. les paul design has a chunk of body where I wanna put my hand. sounds good when unplugged

Fender Telecaster Thinline: don't like the 25.5 scale length. Doesn't feel as nice as a les paul. It's half semi-hollowbdy; unplugged sound not as good as les paul. not a fan of maple fretboard/neck, also.

Gibson SG: great fretboard access with double cutaway; but when unplugged it of course sounds flat as any solidbody.

NEXT STEP: I wanna try a Gibson ES 339 -- it's the size of a Les Paul, semi hollowbody double cutaway. Like a smaller version of 335. about 2,000 bucks.

i'm searching online for hollow and semihollow body guitars... not many out there as good as my epi dot!!!

No comments: