Sunday, October 25, 2009

the epi is great and the strat is back

having a great time with the epi dot. Sounds great unplugged, and really good through the fender amp. There is a little fret buzz, but I'll fix that when I change the strings. It doesn't bother me much.

As for my next guitar, I"m back to the strat. I can handle the 25.5 scale length for my RnB single note improv stuff. The Epi I'll use for the acoustic-style Blues. This makes sense -- I can play both guitars -- take my Epi to school for lessons, and play the strat at home for the solo stuff that Tom (my teacher) doesn't cover. The epi is good for school also because Tom sometimes forgets to bring an amp, and the epi plays well unplugged -- I can hear it when he's playing his classical guitar, which is the one he usually brings.

Ahh, guitars..... they're so great!

No comments: