Sunday, October 2, 2011

Make Me a Pallet

that's the next song I'm working on.  Another Mississippi John Hurt piece.  Still ironing out the kinks in Spike Driver blues.  And, trying to sing and play at the same time!  Hold on to yer hats, people!

So, I'm back to favoring solid body guitars.  My 339, when I'm playing fingerstyle, gets loud enough at the right frequency to get my one ear ringing.  Well, I mostly solved that by stuffing the top f-hole with a hankerchief.  I was playing my strat more, but with the Spike Driver piece the stretch with the fender scale length got in the way.  So now my mind is thinking of an ideal guitar for me would be a solid body with Gibson scale length.  A Les Paul or an SG.  I'm favoring the SG -- it's solid, lighter, not chambered or otherwise overly resonant, and has double cutaway.  So my next gitar might be an SG -- maybe a white 60s tribute with p-90s.  That would be at the end of the school year, in 2012.

For now my modded 339 (just did the hankerchief thing today) seems to be working well -- ear not ringing beyond the usual.

No comments: