Saturday, November 6, 2010

hearing and nylon guitar

oh, that little classical guitar is so much fun to play. I play better with it than with my gibby or fendy. But -- there's gotta be a but -- its acoustic qualities do a little number on my damaged hearing. Just a little, but it's noticeable. I stuffed the guitar with t-shirts today to muffle the sound, and that helps, but I must admit to myself that it still, in the lower range, is not too good for me. I am super cautious about hearing. A few nights ago, after a day of intense nylong string playing, i could tell at night that the ringing was more pronounced. So I gotta lay off the acoustic.

Well, semi-hollow electrics are just made for me! Not too loud, not as quiet as a solid body. Just perfect for my hearing issues. Funny, but I like electrics because they're not too loud!

I still love the easy playability of the nylon strings -- so maybe someday I'll get a chambered semi-solid nylon stringer. Epiphone makes one for like 350. There are other brands too.

I've gotten requests to put some music online at youtube (1 request, you know who you are!). yeah, I wanna do that sometime. Probably at thanksgiving break. The weeks just pass by, and with grading on the weekend, etc. etc.