Monday, November 8, 2010

all steel

going all steel is working out just fine. the nylon acoustic has done it's job and is back upstairs. I can do everything with gibby, fendy, and yamaha. It's really fun to go back to fingerstyle playing, to augment my pick playing.

Now I really feel that I need no more guitars. I've got enough. The whole range of needs. Those three and the epiphone dot in the office. That's enough!

so, my guitar teacher has me working on "lake of fire", a song by the meat puppets. We're using the Nirvana version from the MTV unplugged session. The solo is all a first position minor pentatonic thing in G. It's a good piece, and I've transformed it, parts of it, into a classic blues piece, GCD.

Maybe this weekend I'll post some sound samples from the VG strat on youtube, just to get a sense of how the Roland synth works in it.

No comments: