Sunday, November 6, 2011

ring a ding ding

So I've been playing guitar with my amp the last few days.  Been careful as usual: jazz setting, low gain, moderate tone, moderate volume.  Only a little reverb.  Still got some ringing.  Man, what's the deal?  I know it will go away, but I can't even use the amp a little without some ringing?  How am I supposed to play guitar???? I can't use my classical nylon stringed gittar -- that thing makes my ears ring!  Am I limited to unplugged electrics?

Is this another reason to move from blues to jazz?  blues tends to be loud, more percussive, more aggressive in tone.  Jazz can be more mellow -- like smooth jazz guitar.  So many more colors in jazz, too.  The pentatonic palate, even with some added scales (I've messed with mixolydian) still has its limits.  Plus the I IV V pattern 12 bar.   Yeah, there are 8 bar blues and other chord patterns, but the core is the 145.

No comments: