Friday, November 18, 2011

back on track with backing tracks

yeah, this is working out really well.  I"ve got one ipod with only backing tracks that I can connect to my amp.  38 tracks so far -- plenty to work on!  I got the vg strat on the syntesizer -- neck pickup of a humbucker strat.  great humbuckin' tone!

I'm working on a BB King song, Sweet Sixteen, from my tabs book.  Now I can read enough that I can work through the song.  And I got the backing tracks for all the songs in the book on my ipod.  so with the sheet music and the backtracks I can make some progress here.  I'm at the point where I can understand how the song works, moving in and out of major and minor pent in that bb king style.  so good!  I'm back to my original inspiration for guitar lessons -- BBK.

I feel back on track with backing tracks!  Gittar has a focus now, a goal.  forget jazz and delta blues.  I'ts back to blues lead solos!

No comments: