Monday, January 4, 2010

yamaha is sounding good

I've got a great tone on my yamaha pacifica..... I use only the neck pickup, with a little reverb in the fender amp.... plus the right gain and tone. It has that necky sound I like... hard to describe... I guess more of a jazzy bluesy sound with a little overdrive roughness. I tend toward the neck pickup. The bridge pickup puts out a lot of high piercing tones that hurt my ears, so I gotta stay away from it.

I'm trying to get a good sound with the Epi Dot, but I'm not satisfied yet. Oh yeah, the crucial part of the Yamaha sound is that I raised up the neck pickup, got it closer to the strings. That helped a great deal. So I gotta try that with the epi dot.

also, yesterday i ordered the epi dot hardshell case from same day music. it might arrive by friday. I've been waiting since october for a case! It should be the new design, but even if it's the old one I don't care. just gotta have a case so that I can take it to school for guitar lesson.

No comments: