Sunday, September 22, 2013

playing a little guitar

well, it seems I can play a little guitar.  Wrist feels better.  Pain and numbness are gone.  But I only play a little.  When I feel some wrist stress I have to stop.  I've experimented with various right hand work, and I think that A) ragtime is out.  Too much stress with thumbed bass.  B) Fingerstyle jazz chords seems to be out too.  Tried some today and felt a little stress.  C)  Using a pick and playing single notes leads might be the least stressful.  So, blues with backing tracks, using a pick.

I pulled out my VG stratocaster and have been playing it.  I put the Pawn Shop 72 Strat away.  I was using the Roland pickup set to 12 string hum bucker to get a nice lush sound.  However, the batteries run out so fast it's somewhat annoying.  Today I pulled out the batteries and used the regular pickups.  By accident I had the amp (Fender G-DEC junior) set on chorus (must have bumped the knob -- it's usually set on reverb) and I had the pickup selector on middle pickup alone.  Wow, does it sound nice!  Lush and rich.  Even better then the neck pickup along.

So, a nice new sound to play with!

No comments: