Saturday, February 18, 2012

Piedmont Blues

so i read about piedmont blues.  it's supposed to be more melodic than delta blues.  often the song's melody is in the guitar part, tracking with the singer.  thus to me it sounds like a good focus for me.  it would make a better base for instrumental guitar.  also it's supposed to have roots in ragtime, and that brings back my old interest in piano ragtime.  plus, the piedmont region is good ol' south carolina, my Skye's birth place.  so it's all wrapped up nicely. 

now I"m working on Make Me a Pallet by Mississippi John Hurt.  Finally I can play the advanced version from the xeroxes Tom gave me.  After that's down I will work on Black Rat Swing, an piedmont blues song from my book.  i can learn these on my own now.

maybe this will be the focus.

No comments: