Friday, January 6, 2012

major progress in major/minor pent

yeah, somehow a lot is clicking now.  i'm moving between major  and minor licks with greater ease.  i'm seeing the boxes better, (visualizing).  I can move between the overlapping boxes better, both across and up and down the fretboard.  I can move on that fretboard!  getting the licks to sound better.  so interesting!  that's the under-reported part of blues that I like, the fun of these major/minor shifts.  Overall it gives the blues a lot of notes in a octave.  8 or 9.  the notes are bound by the licks being in recognizable major/minor riffs.

Playing the vg strat for this.  Can't beat the fender strat with 9 gauge strings for blues work.  so, the jazz... that will wait until my lessons start again.  jazz for the lessons, blues for my own work.  can't give up the blues yet, stuff is finally coming together, after almost three years.  2.5 years.  i'll make a video sometime to illustrate what I"m doing.

No comments: